Hee. See what I did there? “Truckin'”? ‘Cause we’re moving? Get it? GET IT?
I have been super-productive today, as far as the move goes. Maybe not so much in other areas.
- I have a call in with the movers to discuss the delivery date.
- We got two new tires put on the car.
- The electricity/water/sewer is all set up.
- The garbage/recycling is all set up.
- The gas is all set up.
- Internet in Annapolis is cancelled (well, it’s set up to be cancelled – we still need internet for a week).
- Change of address and mail forwarding is all set up with the post office.
I need to figure out internet in Eugene (it’ll be Comcast, and I’m putting off that call), but I think that’s it for utilities. I did the electricity/water thing and the address change online, but I spoke to live people at the garbage company, the gas company, and Verizon (internet in Annapolis), and they were all SO NICE. So pleasant, so friendly, so unlike customer service at many utilities. (I’m looking at you, Verizon-from-when-we-set-up-our-account-a-year-ago.) Even cancelling the account at Verizon just now was quick and easy. They usually give the hard sell to stay, but aside from waiting on hold for 15 minutes, the call itself was really smooth. What a nice change.
I didn’t run today, but I think I got the same endorphin rush from my unexpectedly agreeable chores.