- I have had 10 bosses in not quite 8 years with the same company. Well, 9 bosses, since my current boss was my boss a year ago, but I had a different boss in the year in between.
- 4 of them don’t work for the company anymore.
- In 2 cases, I got a new boss because they left the company.
- My shortest period of time working for someone was about 3 months.
- My longest period of time working for someone was nearly 2 years.
- 5 of my 9 bosses have been women, but not the past 3.
- All 9 are older than I am.
- I have had 3 bosses since I started working remotely (more than 2 years ago). 4, if you count the one who’s my boss again.
- I’ve had 1 boss I’ve never met in person (my current boss), although that will change in about 3 weeks.
This has been illuminating. I don’t know what it tells me – maybe that we have a lot of turnover (except that more than half of them still work for the company), or maybe that the company doesn’t know what to do with me, or maybe nothing, and this is just how it goes when you work in one place for nearly 8 years.