Last month, I told you that my toaster has lost its ding. It still made ticking sounds while it toasted (and it did still toast). This morning, things got weird.
- I put a piece of bread in the toaster and closed the door. It started ticking. I did NOT start the toaster. I twisted the dial until it stopped ticking and then walked away. (I wasn’t ready to actually toast the bread yet.)
- When I came back a few minutes later, John asked me if I was trying to burn the house down. My piece of bread was practically ash. John stopped the toaster when he smelled it burning.
- I got a new piece of bread, watched it while it toasted, and then twisted the dial to stop the ticking when it had toasted enough.
- I unplugged the toaster (just to be sure), and sat down in the dining room to eat my not-burnt toast.
- About ten minutes later, I heard the toaster ticking. IT WAS STILL UNPLUGGED.
The toaster is haunted.
Woooo-eee-ooooh. Amityville house.
Actually, maybe it’s just time for a new toaster.
The day the toaster died – Inane Chatter
[…] mentioned the issues we were having with the toaster back in November (link here), and we’ve been coasting along in that state since then (plug in the toaster, watch it like […]