It’s time. The Hugo nominations are due a week from yesterday, but I’m not going to read any more eligible books between now and then, so here goes.
I’m only nominating in three categories: novel, novella, and novelette. I can nominate up to five per category, but I really only have four novels and just one novelette (that I thought counted as a novella until I looked it up just now, which is wonderful news because now novella #6 is actually novella #5 and I can nominate it!).
In no particular order (although kind of in this order):
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- The Refrigerator Monologues by Cat Valente
- The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin
- River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey
- Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day by Seanan McGuire
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
- The Murders of Molly Southbourne by Tade Thompson
- Taste of Marrow by Sarah Gailey
- Fisher of Bones by Sarah Gailey