Here is a smattering of ways in which Jack is adorable:
- He “counts”, using the tone I use when I count for him. He counts when he points at things, stacks things, lines things up, but he only ever says one syllable over and over: “doo”. I like to think he’s speaking French. “Deux, deux, deux…”
- When I point out flowers on our walks, he leans toward them and “mah” gives them a kiss.
- He thinks it’s HILARIOUS when I sneeze. Laughs like a loon and then makes his again sign (like a one-handed clap) and says “dat, dat”. I’ve tried explaining to him that I can’t sneeze on command. Fake sneezes aren’t quite as good.
- Since we started reading The Little Engine That Could and The Little Red Caboose, he looks for trains everywhere we go. Any vehicle attached to a trailer is a choo-choo. Any trailer without an attached vehicle is a choo-choo, unless it’s a box trailer, and then it’s a guck.
- We have a Buddha statue in our yard, left by the previous owner, and when we walk by it, Jack says “baa”. At it. To it?
- When he sees a car/truck/van with a ladder on it, he makes climbing-a-ladder motions with his hands.