Time to move!
Last month, I told you that my toaster has lost its ding. It still made ticking sounds while it toasted (and it did still toast). This morning, things got weird.
- I put a piece of bread in the toaster and closed the door. It started ticking. I did NOT start the toaster. I twisted the dial until it stopped ticking and then walked away. (I wasn’t ready to actually toast the bread yet.)
- When I came back a few minutes later, John asked me if I was trying to burn the house down. My piece of bread was practically ash. John stopped the toaster when he smelled it burning.
- I got a new piece of bread, watched it while it toasted, and then twisted the dial to stop the ticking when it had toasted enough.
- I unplugged the toaster (just to be sure), and sat down in the dining room to eat my not-burnt toast.
- About ten minutes later, I heard the toaster ticking. IT WAS STILL UNPLUGGED.
The toaster is haunted.