Things I should do now that I’m home:
- Unpack suitcases
- Start laundry
- Put the car snacks away
- Put the presents away
- Pick up the random clutter we left behind in our hurry to get out the door Friday night
- Clean up the dripping mess we tracked on the floor inside the back door because our landlord didn’t send anyone to shovel or salt the driveway or the back steps.
Things I’m going to do because it took us 6 and a half hours to get home instead of 5 because I-95 SUCKS:
- Sit in a chair.
- Eat the Chinese food that will be delivered any minute or so I hope because the car ride took forever and I’m hungry.
- Sit in the chair some more.
- Look at the wall because I’m too tired to brain.
- Stop looking at the wall and try to watch some TV that doesn’t require concentration.
Okay, I might clean up the mess by the back door. There’s a towel RIGHT THERE. I can manage that, as long as I’m waiting for food.