We met with the oncologist today.  We’re waiting on results of bloodwork now (should get it Monday, which probably means Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday – didn’t realize that until just now.  Yay for a three-day weekend, but not so much yay for waiting an extra day for results.), but we don’t expect it to change the plan.  And the plan is essentially the same as what we googled last week.  Amputation, then chemo, both of which we expect him to handle okay.  There’s no guarantee he’ll be cancer free, but he has a 50% chance.  We’ll spend the weekend figuring out how to pay for it, and then hopefully get started next week.  Probably.  It’s not as scary as it was.


  1. Zannah

    Thanks. 🙂 I think he’ll be happy to have the pain gone, so yeah, I think he’ll be good on three legs. It’ll probably be more of an adjustment for us than him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you a robot? Beep beep boop beep *